Wednesday, September 7, 2011

About Me

     Oh hey there, it's me, the one and only, Dana. I am a 15 year old girl (emphasis on the girl, I have had enough with the people thinking Dana is just a boy name) that lives in Grosse Pointe, the GP, the 313, whatever you want to call it. Being a sophomore at GP South, I'm excited for what this year is going to bring. At 5 feet and barely one inch, I am a hardworking, dedicated, and unique girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Although I might seem like the quietest person when you meet me, once you get to know me better, I can be the most outgoing person to be around. Why do I feel like I'm filling out an application for match.com or something right now? Anyways, I feel that my friends, family, and activities have shaped me into a busy person that is somewhat a perfectionist. With me, nothing can go wrong. If it does, well...

     My friends and family are one of the most important aspects of life to me. My family, who I think is most important, consists of my mom, dad, brother, sister, and me. They really keep me motivated and happy. My parents, Steve and Kris, continually help me to strive to be the best person I can. My brother, Kevin (11 years old), and my sister, Megan (6 years old), can either keep me in a great mood or drive me completely crazy. Being the oldest, it really just depends on the day. As the oldest child, I have many more responsibilities compared to my siblings, which can be extremely irritating. All in all though, we are a pretty crazy family, but I'll always love them. When it comes to my friends, I hope I'll always have them to be there for me, because I don't know what I'd do without them! I'm especially excited for this year, which leads to meeting new people and having a great time.

     Besides family and friends, my interests and extracurricular activities are my favorite. When it comes to sports, I play on the varsity field hockey team for South in the fall. I think playing a sport has lead me to meeting a ton of new people, especially since I came from a private middle school before attending South. My team this year is filled with a ton of talented and super nice girls, and I think we have the potential to be a great team. Besides that, I dance year-round at Grosse Pointe Dance Center. I've been dancing since I was five years old, and my passion for it lead me to join the competition group they have. Taking on a more serious role has made me improve in ways I never thought, and even though the time commitment is big, I love the program and everything it brings. Everyone asks me this question, "What kind of dance do you do?". In this situation, I just say everything, because my weekly classes include two different classes of ballet, pointe, jazz, tap, hiphop, modern, theater, conditioning, rehearsals for each competition dance, and so forth. Exactly why I say pretty much everything. Since my dance studio is about 15 minutes away, I dance with girls that go to North, South, Liggett, Regina, and Pierce. Even though we all don't go to school together, they are some of the closest friends I have. All the competitions and performances we have done together have brought us together, sort of like a dance "family". Besides that, I am a senator for the Student Association at South, I hope to join Varsity Club this year, and outside of South I am a part of Sigma Gamma, an association that does volunteer work that benefits the Detroit Institute for Children downtown. A pretty hectic schedule, I think. I really don't know how I balance it out sometimes. I think it's food that helps me, honestly. Especially chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment